Easily Found

Written and performed by Felix Carroll
This is a song written from the perspective of a lunatic giving driving directions to his broken heart. Enjoy!

Past the streets of shade
Where the plans we made
First fell apart

You’ll come to the corner
Where you last crossed 
My broken heart

You’ll see a bloodshot soldier with a cigarette
Trying to bum a bayonet  


[CHORUS]

If you wanna come around
I am easily found

You’ll smell kerosene
Passed the crime scene
Of an identity theft

Passed a blinking light
You’ll take a right
And see what’s left

Don’t turn your back
When the skies go black
From a manic storm

From a house set fire
And a burning tire
Because you’re getting warm

You’ll see the mountain of my rising debt
But you haven’t gotten to me yet

If you wanna come around
I am easily found

In a yellow fog
You’ll see a rabid dog
Who’s halfway dead

Ignore his hungry look 
and the sacred books 
He’s torn to shreds

You’ll pass the statue of a daughter
Of a lost explorer
Whose first mistake

Was leaving home
When the bird had flown 
Into the lake

Blind, I could trace your silhouette
But you haven’t gotten to me yet

If you wanna come around
I am easily found

[BRIDGE]
Passed the snake charmers
In their suit of armor
Dead in a corner
You’re getting warmer
You’re getting warmer
Keep it straight
Blessed is she who’s late
I am waiting …

Near the sleeping debtors
Who stole all the letters
From the old marque

They rearranged their names
But still feel the same
They would all agree

You’ll find me where 
I swear I’ll drown 
this wild crush

In a pool that needs filling
By a well that needs drilling
But I’m in no rush

I’m on the street shade
Where plans are made
And wounds are nursed

You’ll find me there 
I swear
But you gotta call ahead first.

Comments

Popular Posts